Heat press time requirements are significantly shorter than tissue systems. The “hot melt” adhesive is heat activated at 200 to 210 degrees and depending on the size of the print and type of heat press, a dwell time of only 30 – 45 seconds is required to adhere a photographic print.
Trimming and handling are a thing of the past. ParaMount Heat Activated Mount Board saves you time and money.
Mount boards are available in all common photographic sizes. Custom cut mount board in full box quantities is available. For more information please contact us.
|Board Type||Thickness||Quantity per Box|
|Six Ply (Competition Weight)||.155||20|
“How To” Instructions
This is a “no tissue” mounting board product.
- Set press to 200 – 210 degrees and preheat.
- Position print on adhesive side of ParaMount Heat Activated Mount Board. ParaMount is packed with the adhesive side up. The adhesive surface is very smooth and has an opaque appearance.
- Tack corners with tacking iron.
- Place in heat press – heat side up and cover print with release paper.
- Close press for 30 to 45 seconds to activate the adhesive on the mount board. Trial and error will determine the proper dwell time for your press.
- Open press and allow the print to cool on a flat surface – bonding is complete.
- Trim edges of print if necessary.
For commercial vacuum presses: Lower the temperature to 180 degrees and set 30 second dwell time to include the additional time required by your press to complete it’s vacuum cycle.
The “heat activated” hot melt which provides the adhesive for mounting the photograph is applied to 24 pt. SBS (Solid Bleached Sulfate) at our supplier’s facility, which specializes in coating applications. In addition to specializing in coatings, the latest technology is utilized to deliver a consistent, smooth and flat product. The hot melt has a pH of 6.0 – 6.5 and will not interact chemically with photographic emulsions. The hot melt is “heat activated” at 200º – 210º and, depending on the size of the print and type of heat press, a dwell time of only 30 – 45 seconds is required to adhere a photographic print.
About ParaMount Products
ParaMount Mount Board Products are manufactured with extremely high-quality, stable materials that have been commonly used in the industry for decades. ParaMount Mount Board products are extremely smooth, virtually eliminating “orange peel” normally associated with poor quality substrates such as chipboard and some foam products.